The focal point of our community is Lake Conroe, a 21,000-acre lake that connects the cities of Conroe, Montgomery, and Willis, in Montgomery County, Texas.
But it’s more than a body of water; it’s also a social center, recreation destination, fishing tournament host, and a mirror to the awe-inspiring sunsets we enjoy.
Boating on Lake Conroe stretches from stand up paddleboarding(SUP) to sailing. You can even cruise on an authentic riverboat aboard the Southern Empress.
Here is an example of what we would consider the perfect day on Lake Conroe:
- Begin with a SUP fitness class; we have several group instructors in the area. This new approach to health is fun and is appropriate for all ages and skill levels.
- After class, continue on a pontoon boat to cruise around, searching for our new favorite cove. There are dozens on the lake, and it’s always fun to discover a new one.
- Grab lunch on the south side of the lake at one of the local hot spots in Waterpoint Center. In fine Texas tradition, we don’t let friends go hungry.
- Cruise by one of our golf courses (quietly) to watch golfers test their skills on the links.
- Anchor down and marvel in the sunset from the lake. This vantage point is the best in Texas.
Lake Conroe Real Estate
We have year-round residents and vacation homeowners on Lake Conroe, and both can attest to the joys of lake living. Thanks to mild winters, the lake provides a connection to the water throughout the year.
In case you get waterlogged, you can regain your land legs on one of our gold courses, a spa, hiking trails, restaurants, or on your private dock surrounded by friends and family.
For cultural happenings, catch a show at either The Crighton or Owen Theaters in Conroe. During the summer months, these two venues virtually fill up the Conroe area events calendar.
Other live entertainment options include musical acts who perform at one of our local pubs or wineries. Genres include Elvis impersonators, the Eagles tribute bands, to local talent who lend their style to the mix.
Living in Lake Conroe
If you’re interested in living in Lake Conroe year-round, with your school-age children, our extended community provides a safe, fun environment with exceptional schools, including Lone Star College-Montgomery.
Thanks to our proximity to the Montgomery campus, our high school students have the chance to enroll in college-level classes. Some high school seniors graduate with a diploma and up to 40 hours of college credit.
The “Lady of the Lake” Katherine, is happy to answer any questions you have regarding the best educational path for your student.
Future vacation homebuyers will love the scenery surrounding Lake Conroe, and the varied types of housing available. We’ll talk about your lifestyle and determine the best community to meet your needs. You can choose anything from maintenance-free condos to private lakefront estates.
Connect with us today!